Innovative COLORBOND® Coolmax® steel is a tailored roofing material designed to provide and maintain high solar reflectance.
Tested by scientists in the laboratory and under extreme Australian conditions, COLORBOND® Coolmax® steel is BlueScope’s ultimate product for cool roofing performance whilst maintaining the COLORBOND® steel durability that’s required for commercial and industrial roofing applications in Australia.
Available exclusively in the colour Whitehaven®, it has a nominal Solar Reflectance (SR) of 0.77, meaning that 77% of the sun’s heat is reflected1.
Achieving a Solar Reflectance Index (SRI) of 951, the highest of any BlueScope product, COLORBOND® Coolmax® steel may help to2:
- reduce roofing surface temperature
- keep the building interior cooler
- reduce demand on air conditioning and reduce energy costs*
- reduce peak cooling loads
- mitigate effects of Urban Heat Islands
- keep solar panels cooler and boost their performance
- earn provision points with Green Star3 and may improve your NABERS4 rating
To find out more and receive an indicative range of potential air conditioning cooling energy savings, visit the COLORBOND® Coolmax® steel calculator.
- Values are based on new product and measured in accordance with ASTM E903-96 and ASTM E1980-11. COLORBOND® steel products’ Solar Reflectance (SR) and Solar Reflectance Index (SRI) values may vary as product ages.
- Results will depend on a wide range of factors including roof colour, roof shape, level and location of insulation, type, location, shape, and function of the building.
- For more information on Green Star rating system visit – http://new.gbca.org.au/green-star/rating-system/
- For more information about NABERS visit – www.nabers.gov.au.